Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it,
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the data controller is Foley Auctioneers, Main Street, Dunshaughlin Co. Meath,A85 WP94 We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 3rd May 2018
What data we collect
We collect the following information either through submission of data by yourself, from your device or through activity carried out by yourself
• Your Full Name and Date of Birth.
• Your full address and postcode.
• Your Job Title/Profession.
• Where you are the seller, information in relation to the property is required.
• Your reasons for selling or buying property.
• If you are looking to purchase property, we are required to establish your source of funds.
• Contact information including telephone numbers and an email address.
• Information that you provide by filing in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our
website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report
a problem with our website.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• IP Address
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
Why we collect this information, and how we use it
When you provide us with information, we will use it in different ways – particularly for the following:
• To establish identity and carry out Anti Money Laundering checks as required. For this purpose, we may need to share your personal
information with our credit referencing provider, and/or solicitors. This is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in
ensuring we are not the victim of fraud and to protect our legal rights.
• Where you are the seller of a property we will use your data for the purpose of effectively marketing your property and subsequently
progressing the transaction (upon successful sale).
• We use relevant personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, address and date of birth) to enable us to complete a
transaction with you. This information may be required to be passed on to third parties such as solicitors, surveyors and financial
• Where you are an interested party or a bidder, for the purpose of keeping you fully informed in relation to the property prior to bidding.
If you are subsequently a successful bidder, we will use relevant personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, address and date of birth) to enable us to complete a transaction with you. This information may be required to be passed on to third parties such
as solicitors, surveyors and financial advisors.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service(s) when you choose to do so.
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
• We may alter the way the website works to improve and/or enhance the information displayed to you, or to optimise the way you
interact with the Website. We may show personalised content based upon your preferences and/or previous interactions with the website.
Internal record keeping.
• To improve our products and services.
services we offer you. For the provision of customer support. If you contact our team, or vice versa, we will use personal information such as your email address, phone number and residential address as well as your contact history to provide you with the best service possible. With separate consent, we may send promotional emails, post and/or SMS messages about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and mobile phone number which you have provided. With separate consent, we may notify you about changes to our service that we think may be of interest to you via email, post and/or
· With separate consent, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes either by email, phone or mail.
In all instances, we will process your personal information in this way if it is necessary for the performance of a contract, you have requested us to do so or if it is required for us to comply with any legal obligations.
We will never process your data for anything other than legitimate interest in ensuring that we can provide the best service possible or providing you with information that may be of interest to you.
How long will we keep your information for?
Your personal information will be retained, usually in computer or manual files, only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law; or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you may hold with us,
– For a minimum of 7 years from the completion of a transaction.
· For a minimum of 7 years from the withdrawal from auction,
· For interested parties that view, bid or register an interest in a property, but do not go on to purchase;
data is retained for 18 months from the date a sale is completed by the vendor; or data is retained for 18 months following the vendor withdrawing from auction. How data is stored
Your data is stored within electronic systems accessed by employees of Foley Auctioneers. Where you are a seller, limited access to your data is also given to your Estate Agent.
Limited access to your data is also given to third parties where you have said that we can share your data with them.
All electronically accessible information is stored in Ireland on secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
All electronic transactions and data transmissions between your device and our website will be encrypted using industry–standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology: and our website has a SSL certificate.
Please note that unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of any data sent over the internet between your device and our website. Any such data transmission is at your own risk.
Paper copies of your data will also be stored securely and accessed by employees of Foley Auctioneers. Limited access to your data is also given to third parties where you have said that we can share your data with them.
All paper–based information is securely stored in the Republic of Ireland. The digital data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at. a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or contractors.
Where this is the case, we will minimise data accessible as much as possible to only what is needed.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
• IP Addresses: We may collect information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser
type, for system administration.
our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protectior and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your devices‘s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets us know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences,
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps use analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help up provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You will be given the option to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, to alter your preferences for the type of marketing content you receive, such as properties for sale, information about related services etc. Or to alter the methods via which you receive marketing correspondence from us. For example: via email, SMS text message, post or phone call.
We will ask you for consent to do this, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third
party for such purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website you will be asked to “opt in” where you wish for your information to be used for
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do
• As part of our complete auction service offering. We may discuss services from our sister companies or third parties which may be of
interest to you. However, your personal information will not be provided to these parties without your prior consent.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any
time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Access and the Correction of your personal information
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you also have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information and to correct any inaccuracies.
Requests can be made in writing or via email and we will respond to your request for information within 30 days of the date your request is received. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold about you, please write to us by email email@example.com
We will require 2x Certified Identification Documents to be provided in order to comply with any request in order to ensure your personal information is protected.
Foley Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse or make a charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive and should a request be refused you will be advised as to the reasons why. Where a request is refused, you will be able to refer the matter to the Property Ombudsman and Foley Auctioneers will provide you with the information you will need to allow you to do so.
You have the right to request that your personal data is erased and Foley Auctioneers will action your request provided there is not a lawful reason not to do so.
When your request is received, Foley Auctioneers will provide you with the date on which your data will be erased.
Until such date, we will limit the processing that we carry out on your data to minimise impact to you. Your data will not be shared during this time, unless there is a legal or lawful requirement for us to do so, during this time.
Personal Data Breaches
In order to comply with applicable law, Foley Auctioneers has implemented procedures to detect, report and investigate personal data breaches. A data breach is defined by the Information Commissioner‘s Office (ICO) as;
“A breach of security leading to the destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or, or access to personal data.”
The ICO will be informed of any data breaches which present a high risk to our clients and customer‘s rights and freedoms and in line with applicable law, a notifiable breach will be reported within 72 hours of us becoming aware of it. The individual(s) involved will also be informed.
Should you have any questions